Awe Some


lol.. It is so funny that K&Co. printed the word "awesome" like they did because that's exactly how my son says it. It's like "awe-SOOOOOOOOOMMMMME." anyway.. This is my first card with my brand-spankin' new Garden Whimsy set from Stampin' Up! I've been jealous of the beautiful cards in the gallery that use this set, and I wanted it SO BAD.. and now it's here. yay!

This card is for today's Colour Challenge (not a Dirty Girl challenge, anyone can view it). To get the two-toned effect like on the wings of the butterfly, stamp entire stamp in base colour (Island; Fresh Ink) and then using a sponge dauber, sponge on your highlight/contrasting colour (tea leaves; Versamagic). Huff (breathe warm air) the stamp and apply to paper!

Materials: Stamps: Garden Whimsy Paper: Amy Butler (K&Co.), lasting impressions kraft CS, papertrey white CS, brown, celery, blue generic CS Accessories: Chipboard tag (K&Co.), organdy (May Arts), paper piercing template (SU!), foam squares, zip dry adhesive.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Beautiful card Tobi! That stamp and those colours look wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, very pretty. I think I need to buy that stamp set too :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!