Beauty

I have held on to this photo of Phoenix for a LONG time waiting for inspiration to come along... I saw in a recent edition of Scrapbooks Etc. a layout that used one of the new scalloped-edged papers from Autumn Leaves and I figured now was the time to use this pic. He was 4 months when this headshot was taken. I love looking at it. What a different time it was then.... Now he's an extremely active 5 year-old that is still quite cute, but looks NOTHING like he does here...

I know every mother (and family) thinks their baby is the cutest baby in the world, so I never thought much of it when my loved-ones encouraged me to get Phoenix an agent for movies/tv/print etc... After much pestering I caved in, and this was his first headshot. He went on a few auditions and did really well, but I couldn't keep up with the calls. The agency would call the night before an audition and I would have to be downtown Vancouver the next morning at 8:00 am regardless of what was going on in my life that day. (Like work or school etc...) Maybe if I move a little closer to the city I'll get him another agent, but I don't see that happening any time soon...

Now for the details of the page. I took out a piece of the scalloped Autumn Leaves paper, laid it over the back of my patterned paper, traced the outline and cut it out using an exacto. This way I can have that cool look with any paper I want. There are a lot of little embellishments on the page, but they're all pretty basic. I added a little hybrid element (probably not visible to you) on the page: the little blue journaling tabs have some digital brush elements on it downloaded from Two Peas, using PSE. Thanx for looking! If you have any questions about the other elements, just ask.

Supplies:
Paper: Imagination Project, Bazzil; Ink: Versamagic (Jumbo Java, Red Magic); Ribbon, Felt Flowers (AC); Plastic Letters (Maya Road); Ribbon Slider, Brads (Imaginisce); Chipboard, Transparent Flourish (MME); Tag (Cosmo Cricket).

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Phoenix is very adorable!
    Your page is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome! your son is adorable...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!