Just Because Cards....

Over the past year and a bit at SCS I've become what's called a "challenge chaser" which means the majority of the cards I post are in some way a response to one of the daily challenges. Well, a of late I haven't had the time (or frankly the desire) to sit and make a card that abides by rules... The task of choosing colours, layouts, images, sentiments etc used to paralyze me, but now that I feel I'm getting a handle on this whole card thing, I finally feel like I can create without someone giving me some direction. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the challenges, and will ALWAYS play, but just lately I've wanted to do my own thing. Anyway, this is what I came up with the last couple of days.

*Note my first attempt at the "Kittie747 technique" with the grass. I used "Itty Bitty Backgrounds "(SU!) in a couple of different colours to create the effect. I have no idea if this is how she does it, but I guessed. I made the clouds by cutting some cloud shapes out of cardstock and using my Copic airbrush system.. LOVE the effect!
The next two cards were made using my newest stamp purchase, which is a clear set by Memory Box that consisted of the famous penquin image, as well as a bunch of cute ad-ons like a kite, sunglasses, a grad cap, clothes, you get the idea, so I made a couple of cards in preparation for V-day as I call it. I used my new nestabilities dies to create the die-cut hearts.



Supplies
Hi: Paper: American Crafts, Basic Grey, Buckaroo Blue, Chocolate Chip (SU!); Stamps: You're Cute (SU!); Ink: Jumbo Java (Versamagic), Lamp Black (Ranger);Accessories: Thickers (AC), Cuttlebug embossing folder, Copic markers, CM Cutting System .

Happy Valentine's Day
: Paper: SEI, Making Memories, Bazzill; Stamps: Memory Box, Inkakinkado; Nestabilities, Copic Markers.

From Me to You:
Paper: Amuse notecard, American Crafts; Stamps: Memory Box, SU! (Sentiment); Inks: Lamp Black (Ranger); Copic Markers, Nestabilities.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Thank you for commenting!