Recovering with a little stamp-time

Every few months at SCS there is what's called a "Virtual Stamp Night" where there are challenges posted hourly and prizes to be won. You have to make a card in 45 minutes or less, and I find it a great way to get a lot of cards done quickly. I don't always like the results, but some interesting ideas always come out of me anyway..

Here was a card I made that had to be inspired by food or drink.. I made this coffee cup card with my Silhouette using a cup die-cut and creating a mirror image to make it into a card base! I'm glad it worked, but I really don't like this card. Maybe it's the colours... but whatever.. I saved the card template and I will cut it out in a more neutral card base next time.

 

This next challenge was to use the "grid technique" which simply means you score a grid onto a piece of CS and use it as a layer.. I used my scor-pal to make the grid.



Elizabeth sent me a cool new tool: gold and silver Koh-I-Noor pencils! I love how even after you blend with gamsol the pencil still retains its shimmer.

This challenge was to use the colours BLACK, WHITE, AND RED only. I use this colour combo often so it wasn't hard to put this card together in less than 10 minutes. This was the stamp set I used:

 
Here was an interesting challenge. Make a colourful wedding card! Most people associate weddings with soft pastels and such, but this is the kind of card I usually make for such happy occasions! The layout etc. isn't perfect, but again, I only had 45 minutes, so this is the final product:

I used the stamps Ian and I used on our invitations and some pretty bright colours!!!

This final card is one of my favourites.. Ever... Everything just worked out so well on it.



This challenge was to use the spotlight technique. Here's how the image looked separated:


I used Making Memories tag maker to cut out the circle and make it into a tag. Everytime I do this technique I LOVE the result.. *Tobi... don't forget to do this again soon!*

Well I am clearly recovering well. I have had some sizable naps today, but I was still happy with what I accomplished! Take care!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting!