Clean and Simple Inspiration challenge

Today's Clean and Simple challenge was to choose a piece of art from www.art.com and use it as an inspiration piece.

I just bought an elephant baby stamp from the AMuse store, so I went looking in the Elephant category and found this adorable scene. I copied it! haha..
















 
So here's my little elephant. I added the bird using a Kim Hughes stamp from CHF. I think it goes well with the elephant! I free-hand drew the pond and doused it in glitter. The little grass tufts are a Memory Box clear stamp. 

 
I airbrushed the background colours very loosely, and paper pieced the elephant so i didn't have to worry about colour from the markers getting on the image. The clouds are puffed with liquid applique. 
I wanted to show you another purchase I made at the AMuse store:


I got most of my collection in the bucket, and when I counted there were about 160 markers in there. None of my browns and blenders made it in, but I was pretty happy that all of my colours fit EXACTLY, as in, I don't have more room for new markers, so I guess that means I'm set! haha..

Take care!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That is so ADORABLE!! Love the fluffy clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great interpretation! I love your hand drawn, sparkly lake.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!