Happy Hallowe'en!!

Today I am sharing a project and a yummy recipe! I was responsible for providing my son's class with desert on Friday for his classroom Hallowe'en lunch, so I decided to dress up some plain ol' Rice Crispy Squares and make them awesome!!


Here's My Recipe for Mint-Chocolate Rice Crispy Squares:
  • 3 tablespoons   butter or margarine
  • 1 package (10 oz., about 40)   regular marshmallows (I always add about 10 more per batch...)
  • 6 cups   Rice Krispies®
  • 1/2 Package of Mint-Chocolate Chips
  • 1 Block of dark baking chocolate
  • 2 tbsp. Peppermint Flavouring

1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Chop up the square of baking chocolate and add to the marshmallow mixture at the very end. Add peppermint flavouring. Remove from heat. 

2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. Add half of the mint-chocolate chips  as you are stirring the marshmallow/rice crispy's mixture. 

3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle remaining mint-chocolate chips on top and press into the micture. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.



Being the crafter that I am I had to adorn the treats with some handmade decor... I cut up some bamboo skewers and glued a banner and some cute characters to the tops. 


Trust me..... These are GOOD!!! And most importantly, Phoenix was proud as can be to present these to his class as they ooh'd and ahhh'd and fought for the last square!!


Have a safe and Happy Hallowe'en!! 

Supplies: SRM Sticker Sentiments; My Mind's Eye papers and Chipboard shapes. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you for commenting!