A Quick Card...

Has this ever happened to you? 

My brother was over the other night and we ate dinner, played games and "the party" was winding down so I started to think about what crafty-things I had to do.. I had just re-organized my area earlier in the day and was getting rid of some of my older cards and just got through giving my bro a few. He then said,

 "Can you make a card for my girl/friend?" and was holding My Little Friend and pointing at the gnome with a shovel and the matching sentiment.. 
I said, "Sure, when do you need it by?" insinuating, not too successfully, that I had other stuff I had to get done that night and didn't have time to do it JUST THEN. 
My brother, not one to pick up subtle clues (obviously) said, "Uh.. Now.. It doesn't have to be fancy. Why, how long does it take you to make a card??" 

It's happened to me a lot. Tobi makes cards, she'll make me one RIGHT NOW. It only takes a few minutes, right? Well my friends, that's sometimes all the time you get.. 

So this is what a 5 minute Tobi card looks like... 

I didn't even have time to set up my light box! 

You want to know some good that came of this situation? I incorporated vellum so I could play along with this week's TSG challenge! (I stamped the sentiment on vellum and cut it out with a Spellbinders die)

This week’s challenge is brought to us by this month’s Trendy, Marisa! It’s time to pull out that rarely used, but always elegant vellum. There are all sorts of techniques you use that will showcase the vellum stunningly, or you can simply stamp the vellum as use it as a focal panel…your choices are limitless! We can’t wait to see what you come up with!

To be eligible for the giveaway, you are to create a card that utilizes vellum, and then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (Apr. 18th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. very cute...and you get the good sister gold star...for a quick card it looks fabu...and like it took longer...love the crimping..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! You crack me up! Yeah, that's what he gets! hehe! I'm definately getting this gnome set, so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, that is too funny! "Why, how long does it take?" I think you did great for last minute! I'll bet the girlfriend loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! I can totally relate, my mom asks me for cards all the time for "right now" and I'm like Mom, I don't make cards that quickly!!!! I think you did pretty awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!