A convertible would just mess my hair up…

That’s what I’ll keep telling myself. I also don’t like to tan, so yah.. There’s another good reason… keep telling yourself that, Tobi. Maybe one day you’ll stop wanting a convertible…  

Why am I talking about convertibles? Because I just made the cutest card ever featuring one!

july8topoff

I played along with the Free 4 All challenge at SCS and the challenge was to make a card about a summertime activity. I’ve always been a road-trip kind of person. Growing up my Mom and my siblings would drive to Saskatchewan (two provinces away, or approx. 1050 miles) to visit family. We weren’t wealthy enough to fly, so we drove! The majority of my travels have been by car.. Hell, when I went to college in Iowa I drove there and back like, 5 times (1900 miles each way)!

Two years ago you may remember our epic honeymoon road-trip across Canada/USA.. That was pretty awesome. No plans for anything like that anytime soon, but towards the end of August we will be driving to a lovely city named Oliver that is smack-dab in the middle of wine country. It’s beautiful, remote, and utterly relaxing. Can’t wait!

july8topoff2

I used a couple of stamps from two relatively new sets from There She Goes: Vroom, and Freeze the Moment. I made a quick mask of the car and stamped “Leah” into the driver’s seat. I coloured the image with Copics and airbrushed a few clouds in the background and some grey pavement.

That’s all for now! Thanks for looking, see you soon.

Copics: R81, 83, 85, 89; E11, 50, 51, 53, 55, 57, 81, 87; BG10, 11, 13, 32, 34, 78; C3, 5, 9; W3, 4

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I think the same thing about convertibles myself...but I still want one. Especially if I look THAT cute in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cute card! Are these stamps available at CS ? If not, do they have to be ordered on-line ?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!