Balloon Kiddo


Hey! It's my first *official* post as a Stampendous Blogstar.. 
Check out today's project featuring Balloon Kiddo!

dreambig
 

Isn’t he sweet? As you can tell, I matched the colors (Copic markers) to the patterned papers and embellishments (My Mind’s Eye – Follow Your Heart; Be Amazing) and for me, that’s the only way to do it. How many times have you sat there and tried to find the *perfect* patterned paper for an already colored image… It just doesn’t work!

So once I finished coloring I got to work on the card. I suppose I could have left the patterned paper as is but I thought it would look cool if I hand-cut a part of the honeycomb paper out and popped it up on a neutral background. I found a great chipboard embellishment (including the sentiment, thank you!) and stuck that on top of the papers. The top left corner was bare so I threaded a couple of buttons and stuck them in the empty area – it gave the design a little more balance.

Wouldn’t this be a great card for a nephew, son, or grandson?! I just adore this image… Thank you for joining me, and in case you’re curious, here are the copic markers I used:

dreambigcopics

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Sweet image and those totally transparent balloons are awesome! I forget to use buttons and that trio definitely were the finishing touch to this card. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Tobi, I loooove your card! Sweetest ever and your colouring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh so cute! Well you are effective, I went right to the store to pick up this cutie and bought him and three others! lol. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!