Hay Rides!

Hi there! Thanks for joining me yesterday for the new release blog hop with Stampendous! I am so excited about the new products and today I'm sharing a project over at the Stampendous Blog with a cling stamp called Hay Ride Kiddos.

I am totally smitten by the “kiddos” and I am so excited about all of the new ones released this summer!! They are a joy to colour up with Copics, and that’s just what I did on today’s project.

hayrides
Isn’t this the perfect Thanksgiving card? As mentioned I coloured the image with Copics, but I also added a little *extra* with a charcoal pencil in areas where shadow would occur.. Here’s a close-up:
hayridesclose
You can see where I’ve added some charcoal to the corners of his hat, as well as a little under his head. Once applied I use a blending stump to soften the line (kind of like you’re supposed to do with eyeliner – it behaves in a very similar way) and that’s that! My husband is very impressed with this technique, so much so that he wants a lesson… Ain’t that cute?? lol..
Thanks for stopping by!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. WOWWWWWW! Spectacular coloring and what a ca-ute stamps!!!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job coloring and cute background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tobi - your coloring is off the charts gorgeous! Well done there gf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this new image and your coloring is so fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Tobi...............are you kidding me? Your coloring is breath taking. I actually gasped when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just about to pinch those cute cheeks you've colored so fabulously! Wonderful card and thanks for the charoal tip, Tobi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLY COW! Your coloring skills---TOP NOTCH! LOOOOOOOOOOVE the details!!! You put the ZING in AMAZING:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thud.
    Thud.
    Thud.
    (That is all.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!