Just a Note

Hi again! I have been fiddling around with my mixed media supplies and whenever I’m trying out a new technique I like to try it on a tag first. I find that the hard/time-consuming part is the background and the easy part is the stuff on top! So I’ll show you the steps I took to make today’s project!

Step 1: Apply fancy technique to tag:

tag1

I have seen a lot of people playing around with white paint or white embossing powder as a resist and I think the result is stunning. To create this tag I used paint and dabbed it on with a foam applicator over a stencil. Once the paint dries it resists any inks or stains you put on top! I misted it with a few different sprays and inked the edges with brown ink.

Step 2: Add something interesting!

tag2

I started decorating by stamping directly onto the tag with archival ink. I chose this ink because it dries on top of paint – it won’t wipe away. By the way, I used an awesome set called Vintage Typewriter (a Perfectly Clear set) that includes the main image and a bunch of great sentiments.

Step 3: Add some dimensional elements:

tag3

I stamped the typewriter and sentiment onto white cardstock, cut it out and distressed the edges with brown ink.

People ask me ALL.THE.TIME. “What do you do with all of your tags??” Simple answer: instead of a card they get a tag hanging from a gift bag! Normally I don’t decorate the bag, but if I have time I will. As you can see, once the tag is attached to the bag and a little tissue paper is added, it looks awesome! Thanks for joining me today.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you for commenting!