Christmas Critters

I am here with my first Christmas cards of the year! Last year I did not make enough cards to get me through the season and I was scrambling on the last days before Christmas to have enough to go around so this year I've started early... For me! (I know that some of you have been making them since January... Good for you!!) 

I love using my cutesy stamps at Christmas so I pulled out some animals and created some snowy little scenes...




I coloured the images with a combination of chalk pastel pencils (blended with a blending stump) and Copic markers. For a change I stamped in dark brown ink - it gives everything a nice vintage-y feel!

For the sentiments I pulled out some coordinating scrap paper and placed the sticker on top. I think it's fun to switch up how I do sentiments - always on white is so boring!

Here's a side-view of one of the cards. I created dimension with the "snow" by layering different die cuts with foam tape. My shimmery Twinery Twine is a staple with my Christmas cards and enhances the subtle glitter accents on the rest of the card too! 


Supplies: 
The Twinery Twine: Platinum Shimmer
Stamps: There She Goes (retired)
Paper: My Mind's Eye and Simple Stories
Ink: Brilliance by Tsukineko
Wood Accents: Lawn Fawn
Die Cuts: Lawn Fawn
Sentiment: SRM Stickers

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. WOW! Gorgeous watercolour Christmas card. I Love them both.Great watercolouring. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Wednesday CHallenge :)
    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!