Cropping in Shanghai

When I arrived in China a couple years ago the first thing I looked for was a cardmaking/scrapbooking ladies group. I looked on local expat websites and Facebook groups, but I didn't come up with anything. I really enjoy the social aspect of our craft and when I lived in Canada I would get together with "the girls" monthly to hang out and "crop" and I knew I would miss it. And I did... Being "alone" here with no one to talk to about products, techniques and just STUFF gets boring and I was craving camaraderie. 

Enter in a lovely choir student and her mom. I got a Christmas card from them and noticed some very familiar products and my student connected her mom and I on WeChat. (Chinese Facebook) This weekend  there was a get-together with a bunch of her crafty friends and they invited me to join!  YES! 


It was very cramped because their usual space was booked, but everyone just made-do and worked it out. 
What amazed me was that besides a few small differences, we all use the same stuff! 


The crop was at a sweet little coffee shop and they made us handmade donuts and jam... Yummy! 


Unlike other crops I've been to, these ladies work with a theme each  month. This month's theme was: Chinese Zodiac shaker cards. This card features a little tiger from a Hero Arts set. 


And from the same set, a rat (mouse)! 

Thank you for inviting me, ladies! 
I'm looking forward to next month already! 

Supplies: 
Hero Arts Playful Animals, Taylored Expressions Sentiment
Patterned Paper: Echo Park, Simple Stories
Cardstock, Bazzill Cardshoppe
Die Cut: MFT


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It's great you found a cardmaking group. I love your shaker cards with a very simple design. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool. I know how you feel about connecting with people who love to do the same things you do. And wonderful cards there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!