Life Is Art: Mixed Media Journal Page

Over the holidays (when I went home to Canada) I picked up a whole bunch of mixed media supplies with the intention of getting busy in the new year. I feel like art journaling has really been pushed to the back-burner and WHY? I mean, I really like it, I have tonnes of stuff, I just feel like I go through these phases and it's hard for me to do everything.  (Card-making, art journaling, scrapbooking...ha!) 

But anyway. One of the things I purchased was a Dyan Reveley BLACK journal.. I was kind of scared to get started but once I slapped some gesso on the paper the ideas started flowing! 



Before doing anything I slapped a coat of clear gesso onto the paper just to give it some strength (I felt it was a little thin) and then I got down to business. I sprayed it with Dylusions mists then scraped white gesso all over. The gesso kind of sucks up the inks to give some subtle colouring. 

Then I sketched the flowers with the Stabilo "all" pencil and painted the petals in. The rainbow colours are Gelatos! I applied them straight from the tube, then rubbed them with my fingers, then I sprayed them with water. I LOVE how the colours faded away... 



The stamp (Stampendous!), and the dotty stencil (TCW Stencils) completed the piece and I was happy! 

Supplies
Paint: Liquitex clear gesso, Decoart white and black gesso and Media acrylics, Dina Wakley acrylics, Golden acrylics
Gelatos
Stabilo All pencil, black
Fineliner bottle
Izinks (green)
TCW stencil
Stampendous stamp
Archival Ink

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thank you for commenting!