Foil'd Sentiments - Technique Tuesday


I have admired peoples creations using foil lately so I got envious, then I went shopping, hahaha... At first I foiled WITHOUT a machine (a laminator, etc) and discovered the sticky, messy side-effects. 


So you might not be able to tell, but these letters don't have the slick, super-shiny finish that traditionally foiled letters have. That's because I used adhesive instead of the laminating technique. This resulted in the letters remaining sticky even after I added the foil, so I dusted the letters with an "anti-static powder tool" which is actually an anti-stick tool. 


The great thing about foiling your sentiments is that they really become a focal point, rather than an afterthought. 


You can see in this photo a little better that the finish is more like a brushed metallic, than a super sleek metal finish. 

Supplies: 
Die Cuts - Celebrate DIY Steel Die (Technique Tuesday)





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for commenting!