September Greenhouse Society Stamp Set

Hi there! 

Well it feels like I have been in a tornado for the last couple of weeks - but this school year is shaping up to be wonderful in so many ways. My students are wonderful, my choirs are off to a great start and I'm looking forward to another successful year. It's just a lot of work, right???!!! 

I have mentioned before that I DO NOT garden. I used to say that I have a black thumb, but the truth is I kill flowers because I'm not interested in gardening... It's bad because my mom gardened all my life - I just never got an appreciation for it. I guess it's good that I live in a townhouse where the landscaping is taken care of! 

I do remember my mom growing a lot of Moring Glory's though, so I tried to colour them just like I remembered: 



Here's my card with this month's Greehouse Society Stamp Set:


I stamped it in brown Archival ink and coloured it in with Distress Markers on Ranger's new watercolor paper. I really like it because it's super-smooth on one side and the image stamped perfectly the first time! That almost never happens on regular watercolor paper... 



After I finished colouring I misted the whole thing with a little Mr. Huey's Shine. Just a little though, I didn't want my colouring to run! 

I paired the stamp with papers from My Mind's Eye and mounted it all on grey cardstock. I kind of like the brown stamping with the grey! That wasn't intentional, but now I know it's a cool combo. 

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a restful Sunday. 


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thank you for commenting!